Thursday, May 29, 2014

Food (Pre)Diary

This is the meal plan I'll be basing the next few days around.  I've separated it from the rest of the post as I promised to do with food diary type entries.  It is based on June 2014's Healthy Food Guide Magazine but is not word for word since I wanted to adapt it to suit my budget and what's already in the pantry - if you want to see the original weekly plan, the magazine retails for less than $6 :)
I think the hardest thing with following this is that I pretty much never normally snack!  Maybe if I'm less hungry at meal times I can make better choices.

Day One

Breakfast
Cottage cheese and salmon on toast
Stewed fruit and yoghurt
Snack
Trim milk hot drink eg milo, latte
Lunch
Mexican bean tortillas with a vegetable side
Snack
low fat yoghurt pot and a piece of fruit
Dinner
Lamb, lentil and kumara curry

Day Two
BreakfastRolled oat porridge with fruit and nuts made with trim milk
Snack
small handful of almonds
Lunch
Quinoa, chicken and vege salad (made the night before)
Snack
low fat yoghurt pottle and a piece of fruit OR sugarfree baking
Dinner
Seafood pasta

Day Three
Breakfast
Mushroom and spinach omelette
2 slices wholegrain toast
Snack
Sugarfree baking
Lunch
Roast vege and hummus salad sandwich
Snack
Piece of fruit and small handful almonds
Dinner
Sweet chilli chicken stir fry
Stewed fruit and yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment